Thursday, August 27, 2009

7 pounds...

And I don't mean the movie with Will Smith!

I have lost 7 pounds since May. YAY!

I know. I know. Most people say I don't need to lose weight, but yes, I do...

My obsession with losing weight started when we took Mother's Day pictures. I realized that in the course of 1 year, I had gained 10 pounds! Yikes!

So, I hit the gym...backwards!

What does this mean? Well, I started out by taking classes that included weight lifting, thinking this would help me lose weight. All I did was gain weight -- you know, the whole muscle weighs more than fat thing. So, I managed to keep the weight on, but lose inches (and I got "Tank Top Arms:). Then I realized I should start doing a little cardio/burning calories. So, I started watching my calories...trust me, for me, this is extremely hard to do -- I mean eating yogurt/granola for breakfast every day for breakfast and veggie burgers every day for lunch + giving up all drinks except water has not been easy! I slacked off on weights a little and added Zumba and the elyptical.

My schedule:
Monday -- Zumb and Pilates
Tuesday -- Ultimate Circuit
Wednesday -- Just Weights/Zumba
Thursday/Friday -- off
Saturday -- MY KILLER CLASS - JUST WEIGHTS -- I can safely say that with this class, I personally ran off 3 of my neighbors. They went to class with me once or twice, then wouldn't talk to me anymore (well, they still talk to me, but don't go to the class)!

I don't follow this exactly to a tee, but I can say that Brent has been amazing during this time. Although he doesn't necessarily see the changes in me b/c he sees me everyday, I know they are there. The scale even says it. And, the boys love going to the gym...they actually beg to go. I suspect it has something to do with Palmer playing in the Bounce House for an hour and Peyton being able to play Wii for an hour on a school night.

Am I where I want to be? No. Will I get there? Yes. Do I feel better? Yes. Will I keep exercising? Yes. De.fi.nite.ly!

7 pounds down. 5 more to go!

TRULY BLESSED to be healthy enough to do this,
Chasity

PS...I did eat Mexican for lunch today, which means dinner will consist of yogurt and I'll be at the gym tonight for about an hour and a half. YAY ME!

0 comments: