Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Quoteables...

September 11, 2010
We were at Palmer's soccer game (the one he didn't really want to be at). For the two minutes that he actually played, he was running really fast and actually looked like he was having fun. It was right at that moment that Peyton yelled across the field, "Run Palmer. Run like the wind." Just a little quote from Toy Story 2 (when Woody yells to Bullseye, "Run Bullseye. Run like the wind Bullseye") to encourage his little brother to run really fast...

July 22, 2010
We've finally found a church. YAY. We love it and the boys love it. We've visited a lot of churches. The boys have gone to a lot of "pre-school classes," Sunday School classes and Children's Churches. The fact that they both of love this church is incredibily important and says a lot. Here's the conversation.
Palmer: "Mommy. I like church. When can we go back?"
Me: "This coming Sunday. I'm so glad you like it."

Later on in the week, we we're driving down the road...
Palmer: "Mommy. That's our Church."
Me: "Yes, baby. That's our Church."

We go a little farther down the road and we pass another Church (not our Church)...
Palmer: "Mommy. Not that Church. I don't want to go to that Church."

Moral of the story: At least he's honest!

June 3, 2010
Everyday, the boys grow up a little more and ask questions, of which, I don't have the answer to. They also like to "test" the waters...to see how much they can get away with attitude wise. This is the conversation:
Peyton: "You're not the boss of me."
Palmer: "You're not the boss of me."
Me: a simple look...one of the Mom looks that we ocassionally give that says more than we could EVER say.
Palmer: "You're not the boss of me." AGAIN.
Me: "What, What did you say to me"? (in my teasing, but being serious voice)
Palmer: "I said, You're not the boss of me?!???" See the question marks...
Me: "Oh yes, I am. You have three bosses: God, Mommy and Daddy. In. that. order."
Palmer: "You're not the boss of me. Oh wait, yeah you are."

Moral of the story: God. Mommy. Daddy. That order. They know. They know!

January 7, 2010
A snow day was called at school. So, I loaded up the boys to take Palmer to school and Peyton to work with me. Along the way, it started snowing a little. This is the conversation:
Me: "Look guys, it's snowing a little." It was kind of hard to see, but snowing a little.
Peyton: "I see the snow."
Palmer: "I see the snow. Mommy, where's the snow?"
Me: I just laughed...

Moral of the Story: Like Big Brother, Like Little Brother

January 6, 2010
Palmer and I were on our way to work and school and this is the conversation:
Palmer: "Mommy, who cut the moon in half?"
Palmer: "Mommy, why is the moon following us?"
Me: "I don't know baby...maybe it likes us."
Palmer: "Maybe it's hungry."
Me: "If the moon is hungry, what does it want to eat?"
Palmer: "I don't know...a hot dog. And chicken nuggets. And a hambooger."

Moral of the story: No moral, just love these little conversations that we have!

December 29, 2009
Brent and Peyton were in Florida visiting the family during the break between Christmas and New Year's. Chris and Jody and Brent and Peyton were playing board games with Peyton -- who was unbelieveably lucky everytime he played. So Chris asked Peyton to pick the "winning" lottery numbers. Peyton told Chris that if he won, he wanted $148. So Chris told Peyton that if they won, he would get his $148, plus college tuition. So that night, Peyton said, "B.B. when will we know if we won." B.B. told him that it would be around 11 p.m. at night. Of course, Peyton wanted to stay up, but B.B. said, no, we're going to bed. But B.B. assured him that if they won, he'd know it...they'd be screaming and yelling. So, the next morning, when the woke up, the first thing Peyton said to B.B. was "Did we win?" B.B. said "No." Peyton was sad and then asked, "well, if they do win, will they give me $148 and college tuition?"

Moral of the Story: He's my gifts child (and knows his money)!

October 28, 2009
Brent picked both of the boys up from school since I had to work late. Brent had just picked up Peyton from school and this is the conversation that happened:
Palmer: "Daddy, Elise is going to come to our house this weekend.
Brent: "Palmer, is Elise your girlfriend. Are you going to kiss her?"
Palmer: "Um, yes. I'm gonna kiss her, then I'm gonna give her a Wedgie."
Peyton: "Palmer, your so little. Don't you know that girls already have wedgies."

OMG...we died laughing about this! In fact, we are still laughing...I'm pretty sure I fell asleep that night laughing!

Moral of the Story: I think I need to start wearing a robe:) I'm thinking our family doesn't suffer from "modesty."

July 7, 2009
Peyton went to a little place called "Kentucky Down Under" on a camp field trip. It was two hours away (on a bus in the TN heat). He was excited about riding a bus...When he arrived at the school, I asked him what his favorite part of the day was and this is the conversation that transpired:
Me: "Peyton, what was your absolute favorite part of the day today?"
Peyton: "The Gift Shop. They had so much cool stuff."

Moral of the Story: Peyton's love language is "gifts." I know this. So, it came as no surprise when he said this...I ended up with a big "spear" for my house...yay!

July 2, 2009
This particular morning, Brent noticed Palmer was missing...he was in the garage with all three of our beautiful Golden Retrievers (he loves playing with them). When Brent found him, this is the conversation that transpired:
Brent: "Palmer, what are you doing?"
Palmer: "Daddy, I'm having breakfast with the puppies!"
Brent: "Oh really...what did you have?"
Palmer: "Dog Food. And it was good!"

Moral of the Story: Children have to experiment, see how other's live, eat, etc...Now, if only we can get him to stop eating dog food.

June 21, 2009
Peyton has been at Summer Camp. Each week of camp has three different "enrichment" areas -- we choose 1 out of 3: Soccer or Pottery or Manners & Etiquette, etc.... For one week, I chose to have Peyton focus on "Manners" (I know, RIGHT)! On Sunday evening while getting ready to sit down for dinner, Brent mentioned Peyton needed to "dress-up" on Monday, as they were going to have a nice lunch, since they had been learning manners. This is the conversation that transpired:
Me: "Peyton, are there other little boys in the class?"
Peyton: "Yes."
Me: "A few, a lot, how many?"
Peyton: "A lot."
Me: "Are there any little girls?"
Peyton: "Not a lot, mostly boys."
Me to Brent (laughing hysterically): "Every mother with a little boy decided to sign their little boy up for this manners class. I'm not the only one."
Moral of the Story: Little boys need manners classes, whereas, little girls don't. Why is this? I do, however, find it funny that I am not the only Mother struggling with teaching my little boys manners -- I mean if "Cheeks on the Seat" came naturally to little boys, then I wouldn't have to say (a million times every night at breakfast, lunch and dinner), "I need 'Cheeks on the Seat.'"

May 31, 2009
It was Brent's 40th Birthday and my Mom sent Brent $100.00 as a gift. Peyton had never seen a $100 bill before so he thought it was really cool. For Peyton's graduation from Kindergarten, my Mom sent him $20.00 as a gift. When Peyton saw that Brent got $100.00 as a gift, he looked at me and then whispered to me, "Mommy, I know what I am going to give Daddy for his birthday." I replied, "What sweet baby?" He said, "I'm going to give him my $20." Is that not so sweet?!

April 30, 2009
I can't believe it! Peyton is in Kindergarten and he is already learning things I swear I learned in at least First grade. So last night we were in the car and Peyton told us that "Ella" invited him over to play at her house (WOW)! Ella is the only girl that I have not heard Peyton say "gross" to. In fact, he really wants to play with her (HHHUUUMMM...maybe I should be worried). So, after some brief teasing on our part, this is the conversation that took place:
Peyton: "Mommy and Daddy sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g (Brent kissed me)! First came love, then came marriage, then came Mommy and Daddy pushing the baby carriage..."
Us: "Peyton and Ella sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g! First comes love, then comes marriage (Peyton: EEEWWWWWWW)...

March 19, 2009
Let me set the scene:
On the beach...getting some sun...laying on a beach towel...soaking in the rays...THEN, next thing I know, two soaking wet little boys with sand all over them proceed to walk all over my towel -- you know the towel that you don't want sand to get on, especially when you are me -- a person that basically, hates sand! This is the quote that transpired...
The Boys: "Mommy, we're hungry...We want a snack!"
Me to Brent: "The Lord was definitely laughing hysterically on the day he decided to give me boys."

April 23, 2009
Palmer has a trike-a-thon at his school this Friday, so we have to take his bike to school. He knows he is NOT allowed to take toys to school, so this is what transpired:
Chasity: "Baby, we're going to take your bike to school tomorrow."
Palmer: "But Mommy, it won't fit in my cubby."

Moral of the story: it reminded me how little the world is to children!

February 26, 2009
Recently HSM3 was released. Palmer and I were listening to Radio Disney in the car and this was the conversation that transpired:

Chasity: "Palmer, please stop kicking the back of my seat."
Palmer: "Mommy, I can't help it. My feet are dancing."

Moral of the Story: He's my broadway star in the making!

0 comments: