Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snow is falling...

Snow, Snow, Snow is falling. Snow, Snow catch it on my tongue. Snow, Snow, Snow is falling. We're so glad the snow has come -- this is actually the line in a song from a Boz the Bear Video the boys have. I love this line.

It's been wicked cold here lately. The high for about a week now has not gotten above freezing. It's kind of awesome, kind of cold!

Finally, we got snow. Not as much as we anticipated, but snow, nonetheless...

(Our backyard)

On Thursday, once Brent got home, we took the boys out to play in the snow. Back before Christmas, we bought the boys these saucer looking things that the boys can use for sledding. We hadn't gotten
to use them until now...

We started in the front yard. The boys had a blast...they were even trying to surf on the saucers (that didn't work out so well for them). Brent even tried surfing. Again, that didn't work out so well for him!

After a little while in the front yard, we decided the sidewalk across the street looked so much better -- more snow and a bigger/longer hill. So we crossed the icy, slippery street and went to town...


(Palmer: Wait up guys. I'm coming!)



(I think the camera started getting too cold to take pictures!)

We finally made our way inside. We were frozen. I'm pretty sure I lost my fingers and toes at some point. And of course, it wouldn't be a night in the snow without someone falling -- me and Palmer. We slipped and I'm pretty sure I hurt something other than my camera. But nothing a warm bath couldn't cure.

So, on Friday morning, when we woke up and realized we weren't going to make it to work because 1)the kids were out of school for a snow day 2)Our driveway was frozen, as well as the street and we couldn't get out of our neighborhood, we called into work and decided to start the morning with our annual snow tradition...snowflake and snowman pancakes. YUMMM!!!!
It's still snowing and still freezing and it is forcasted to be this way for the next couple of days. So, I think we'll enjoy being trapped inside (in the warmth) and at some point we'll get brave enough to go out and play in the snow!

A three day weekend that we didn't plan to have!!!!

Beautifull Blessed and Truly Thankful to get to play in the snow with the boys,
Chasity

PS...I'm walking. I've got a nasty bruise on my backside, but at least I'm walking! Thank goodness for bath tubs and heating pads.


0 comments: