Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fall, Autumn, Indian Summer...

It's all the same...beautiful!

Fall and Spring are my two favorite seasons. Don't get me wrong. I love the snow during the Winter and the pools during the Summer, but my favorite times are Fall and Spring.

I truly believe God gave us "Seasons" so we wouldn't get tired of the same thing all the time -- hence the reason I don't live in "South Florida." I mean, I love the Summer, but being hot all the time and having to stay inside or at the pool gets old after a while. I love the winter, the smell of fireplaces going, but I get tired of being trapped inside all the time...hence the reasons we have Fall and Spring -- I can be inside and outside!!!!

I love the crisp air.
I love the change of leaves.
I love the new "scents" that take over outside and inside.
I love the activities -- football in the Fall, baseball in the Spring.
I love changing up the fashion statements.
I love the excitement that gets in the air.
I love the holidays that go along with both.

I love taking walks in the mountains (miss the beaches, but love the fall colors in the mountains).
I love that my birthday/anniversary/Thanksgiving all fall within four days of each other.

I love changing up my house decorations...yep, that's my window for Halloween:


I love that my puppies stay cooler and not as hot.
I love that I can cook in a crockpot.
I love cooking Thanksgiving lunch.
I LOVE the foods that go along with Fall -- apples this, apples that...
I love the colors -- rich, vibrant colors.
I love dressing my children up in "fall" outfits and special outfits for special occassions.
I love pumpkin patches, hayrides and outdoor bonfires.
I love the new TV shows.
I love the "routines" that seem to happen in the Fall.
I love that I get to see my family in the Fall.
I love taking pictures with my family in the Fall.
I love seeing my children get all excited about school, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
I love the stories of the Fall seasons: Ghost, Pilgrims, Jesus...

It's hard for me to find something I don't love about Fall. I love Fall!!!! It's awesome. It's beautiful. It's one of God's many beautiful thoughts and creations!

Fall is the time of year that makes me even more Thankful. Here's a song we sing at Thanksgiving (to the tune of "Are you Sleeping? Are you Sleeping?...")
We are Thankful,
We are Thankful,
For our Family,
For our Family,
We are thankful for our Friends,
We are thankful for our Friends,
Thank you Jesus.
Thank you Jesus.

TRULY BLESSED to be able to watch God's beauty in action during the Fall season,
Chasity

PS...Looking forward to Sept. 21st...Fall officially arrives:)

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Love the page, Chasity! I loved reading what you wrote about your kids -- it made me want to go hug mine. I have to agree with all your statements...Fall is my favorite season! I love going to the Pumpkin Patch with the kids and the photo opportunities it brings. Football. Pumpkin and spice candles. New cute fall outfits for the babies. My first borns birthday in October. Halloween costumes. Fall festivals. Knowing that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. Could go on and on. Thank God for Fall!!

Jody Bailey said...

I love, love, love the fall too! I'm so glad that Chris and I will have a November anniversary so we can take trips every fall. Growing up in South Florida I really missed out on how amazing it is that time of year, so now I'm making up for lost time!

Perfectly Phillips said...

Brent and I's 1st and 2nd anniversary was to the Biltmore Estate in NC...i think we might try it this year, we'll see. Having a Fall anniversary is awesome. Can't wait for the wedding!

Mrs Montoya said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fall. I've worn a sweater twice this week. Fantastic!!! I am so glad to see you back in blog land. I've missed you! xoxo, K

Unknown said...

There is no other season! And you live in one of the best places on earth to enjoy it! I lived there briefly and fell in love! I LOVE your window...too cute!

saw you on SITS, great page!