Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Moment...

If you give a Mom a moment (particularly me), here's some of the things I might do:

Sleep

Sleep
Sleep
Did I mention...Sleep?!

And, I might even:

  • Enjoy a moment of silence.
  • Just enjoy loving on my family, without thinking about everything I have to do.
  • Take the time to think of all the wonderful things my husband does for our family vs. remembering all the not-so-great things.
  • Think of all the ways I could be a better Mom and Wife -- I need more than a moment to actually accomplish this.
  • Think of all the things I want to do for others, just to be nice -- ditto above.
  • Spend time thanking GOD for EVERYTHING, instead of just thanking him for a few things.
  • Read a book (without carrying on two conversations while reading the book).
  • Read a magazine and do some of the cute "do-it-yourself" things they say I can do.
  • Catch up on old DVRd episodes (this includes watching anything BUT Disney Channel).
  • Talk on the phone without shouting "hush" a million times.
  • Run errands without feeling the urgency to return so quickly.
  • Window Shop!
  • Keep a clean house.
  • NOT do laundry or toilets.
  • Get a pedicure/manicure.
  • Organize my pictures.
  • Download all my digital pictures to discs for safe-keeping.
  • Dust all my pictures:)
  • Not feel guilty about neglecting something I have neglected.
  • Eat dinner...peacefully without saying, "Cheeks on the Seat."
The list could go on and on...

Of course, the mission didn't say: what would Mom's do if they had a ton of money...I'm fairly convinced my list would be even longer if that was the case...

In the meantime, I've got to stop thinking about what I would do if I had a moment, because my moment is up...have to put two children to bed.

I must admit, I wouldn't trade any of the above for the fact that I am a Mom to two beautiful, crazy little boys!!!

TRULY BLESSED to be a Mom!

Chasity

6 comments:

kisatrtle said...

oooohhhh I could use a pedicure. Let's go together!

Laura said...

I miss being a Mom to a little one..so Enjoy..when they are older ..mani/pedi's will still be there...Loved your post!!

heidi said...

Oh, honey, if *I* had a million dollars my post would've been MUCH different, too. LOL It would have included quitting my job and telling my boss *exactly* what I thought of her.

Deb said...

-->Great list!

Visiting from Mama Kat's...

~deb
www.websavymom.com

Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

While right now it seems like it'll be forever before you get a second o take a breath, they grow up so fast and then you will looking back fondly at the days of no sleep. Enjoy it today it'll be gone tomorrow.

KatBouska said...

I think you're going to need a whole lot of moments to get all of that done!! :)